The first one to get some attention was the smaller one - a .30cal / 7.62mm box last used as a detonator box.
I didn't want a perfect finished look - I like a distressed, used feel, so it didn't get any major sanding work - it had a quick clean up, stickers removed and a scotchbrite over the paint to key it up a bit.
Next job was to lay down a couple of coats of white where needed. The airbrush stayed in the box as I used all aerosols for this due to not needing to do much detail work. While the white baked in the sun, I got to work with the vinyl cutter for the designs. Once these were in place it was a quick blast over everything with a few coats of black. Once dried, the vinyl was peeled off, and everything got scotchbrited again - with the white getting a bit of distressing.
Once everything was where I wanted it to look, another clean up was done before a few coats of clearcoat. Once dried it got a bit more scotched over to dull it down.
This is the result. I may do a bit more distressing work yet.
Didn't take any WIP pics, but here's some snaps of it finished.